JOIN OUR TEAM!
Teaching at Mareas Academy is a truly unique experience. We are a strong, supportive and loving community here. It is also a challenging adventure to, (teaching multi-age groups) design and execute classes for students in different levels, who often speak different languages.
We aspire to build a team of dedicated, passionate, committed and skilled teachers that:
1) Are native speakers of at least one of our two main languages (Spanish or English). It is not necessary to speak both. (You can be a native speaker in either English or Spanish). If you are bilingual great, but this is not a requirement!
2) Have a Ba or BSc degree in education or a relevant content area.
3) Have a teaching certificate or alternatively have at least 3 years of teaching experience.
4) Reside in Costa Rica or have experience working in Central America or the Caribbean.
5) ¡Enjoy collaboration, team building, and are creative, flexible, and multidisciplinary, and innovative. You love children and are driven by a desire to transform their lives through education and mentoring!
6) Can commit to at least 2 years helping us build a wonderful school.
Our school year goes from November to August. Teachers onboard in mid October with the Faculty Induction and Professional Development week the last week of October. Classes commence 1st Monday of November.
If you are interested in applying, please fill out the form below. We will keep it on file and notify you if a position opens up that matches your qualifications. Please be prepared to provide copies of all diplomas, certifications, and licenses.