WORKING FOR MAREAS
Teaching at Mareas is a truly unique experience. There is a strong community here and a lot of love and support. It is also a challenge, planning classes for students in different levels, who often speak different languages can be quite an adventure.
If you are interested in applying, here is what you need to know...
1) We only hire teachers who are native speakers of at least one of our two main languages (Spanish or English). It is not necessary to speak both.
2) We only hire teachers who have a degree in teaching and/or education from an accredited University (it does not have to be from a specific country). At this time, we are not hiring teachers who only have a TEFL/TESL/TESOL training.
3) We only hire teachers who hold current teaching licenses in their home country. At this time, we are not hiring teachers who only have a TEFL/TESL/TESOL certificate.
4) We prefer to hire teachers who have spent time in Costa Rica.
5) We are looking for team players, who are flexible, creative, and loving.
6) We are looking for teachers who are willing to commit to 2+ academic years away from their home country.
Our school year goes from November to August. We usually start hiring for the upcoming school year in June. If you are intersted in applying, please fill out the form below. We will keep it on file and notify you if a position opens up that matches your qualifications. Please be prepared to provide copies of all diplomas, certifications, and licenses.